The Brant Food System Coalition was formed in 2010. The Coalition is made up of highly collaborative groups and individuals who hold a passion for local and sustainable food. We work collaboratively with the community to further our vision and mission. Some of these accomplishments include:
Developing the Brant Food Charter
Organizing a series of engagement events including the Brant Food Forum in 2017
Supporting the development of the Markets Around Town and more.
Brant/Brantford has a resilient and diverse local food system that is inclusive, healthy, equitable, and sustainable.
We believe that through advocacy, action, planning, education, networking and coordination, our work will lead to a thriving regional food system that is socially, economically, and environmentally sustainable so that there is nourishment for everyone.
· We recognize and respect each other’s strengths, roles, values, and place in the community
· We facilitate a strong learning culture
· We respect peoples’ time and contribution to the work of the Coalition
· We acknowledge when there is conflict and we are deliberate about finding resolutions
· We use a participatory planning model and engage representation from key sectors
For more information or to become involved contact: email@example.com
or 519-754-0777 ext. 252
or like us on facebook by clicking on the Find Out More Button below.